Braces for Children and Adolescents (Age 7 to 19)
The Canadian Association of Orthodontists recommends that all children be seen by an orthodontist at the age of seven. However, some patients do not begin treatment until the adolescent years and treatment typically lasts 18 to 24 months.
The enthusiasm felt by Dr. Mah and staff about Early Orthodontic Treatment is evident in any discussion. The general dental community and our patients clearly recognize the valuable benefits that are obtained as a result of this early treatment.
The Two Phase Treatment
- Reduces the odds of needing permanent teeth extracted or jaw surgery
- Reduces teeth impactions
- Reduces the chance of fracturing or chipping the upper front protruding teeth
- Total time in braces is reduced
- Expand jaws to make room for permanent teeth
- Improve the bite
- Align the permanent front teeth
- Obtain ideal function, alignment and stability